Czech Cottage

The dam of the Labeška pond is the location of one of the most romantic structures in the Park – the wooden timbered building with a thatched roof, the so-called Czech Cottage. The fisherman-hut-style building was bought by the founder of the Park at the Czechoslavic Ethnographic Exhibition in 1895 and transported to Průhonice. The timbered Cottage served for the purposes of the Park pond management and as a base during hunts and fish harvesting. Thanks to its romantic appearance the Cottage and the Park itself are popular with film crews and often appear in Czech and international movies, including fairy tales. Czech fairy tales filmed in the Park are the focus of the exposition in the Czech Cottage.