The Church of the Holy Virgin Birth

The small Romanesque church is the oldest building of the entire Castle grounds. It was built together with the Romanesque fortress and consecrated in 1187. Later, the chapel received a Gothic extension. In 1890, linear Gothic frescoes from the first half of the 14th century were discovered on the church walls. Tombstones of members of the Zapský family, the original 16th century owners of the Průhonice manor, are placed in the external walls of the Church.